Who We Are
How To Apply
1. How long is the program?
Hammer Heads is a 12 week training program.
2. How often does the program run?
Hammer Heads currently has 3 intakes annually.
3. If accepted into the program, how can I increase my placement opportunities?
A high school diploma or equivalent, including grade 12 math, will give you more options with the various trade unions.
4. How do I apply?
Click here to take you directly to the application page.
5. Are we paid during the 12 weeks of training?
Participants are not paid during the 12 weeks of training. Possible arrangements may be available from Social Services for financial assistance and transportation support for those who are eligible.
6. Do we get a placement in construction when the program is over?
Successful graduates will be linked to a career opportunity in the construction industry.
7. Where does the training take place and how do I get there?
The training takes place at our 28 affiliated training centres which are located across the GTA. Transportation is provided from two TTC-friendly locations and participants will be expected to make their own way to these pick-up and drop-off points.
© Central Ontario Building Trades & Hammer Heads 2011